Question

An issue with the IFS XML to JSON transformer.

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’ve found an issue with the IFS XML to JSON transformer.  I wanted to check with you first before submitting a bug report in case this was a known issue.

I am sending an outbound document (PLSQLAP_DOCUMENT) via IFS Connect.  On my routing address, I’ve included the IFS XML to JSON transformer.  The generated XML looks correct:

<CONTRACT type="Text">0301</CONTRACT>

However, after the transformer processes the message, the text field for contract has its leading zero dropped:

"CONTRACT": "301",

This is causing issues for the service that is consuming this message.  Right now I do not have a clean way around this.  We have hard coded this value in the app we’re interfacing with as a short term solution, but this will not work long term.

In DEV, the package I’m sending from is C_MANUF_INTEGRATION_API.  Here is the code that sends the outbound REST message:

plsql_rest_sender_api.Call_Rest_EndPoint(rest_service_        => 'QS_HOMAG_INTEGRATION',

message_payload_     => document_,

http_method_ => 'POST',

receiver_ => 'QS MFG INT');

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @UMSEUS ,

It seems apparent that this is a bug, the transformer seems to be considering the text field as a numeric field and dropping the leading zero. What UPD are you in? there is a high chance that this is not something that is fixed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Infaz,

Customer is APP10 UPD9. We will report the case.

Thanks

Uma