Question

Allow only 'pencil' modifications

• 20 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if it is possible to allow only 'pencil' modifications in IFS Cloud form screens? : 

Each user can directly modify the value of each field. This means that a webservice is called each time.
We'd like to avoid this.

Thank you in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Not sure if this is possible (or if I have understood your requirement correctly) - but I would be looking to edit the relevant projections and either remove or inactivate the pencil/edit button to prevent users accessing this function.
It may be possible to get the same effect through permissions by only granting read only access to the projections where you do not want the users to edit fields.
Partly replying to subscribe so I can see others ideas as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
The goal is not to allow the user to modify the values directly in these fields: 

The user would have to go through the pencil specified in the header to modify the record.
Is this possible?
Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@TheoB as far as I know this isn’t possible. The page design is like that to facilitate speed when entering data. I agree it’s not consistent as in order to modify some fields  it requires pressing the Edit button and some fields could be edited directly.

Maybe someone from R&D could provide more info.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Indeed, I would like to have an answer from IFS on this subject as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
The goal is not to allow the user to modify the values directly in these fields: 

The user would have to go through the pencil specified in the header to modify the record.
Is this possible?
Thank you

Hi @TheoB 

I am not sure how you want to achieve this in your solution but I can share both way how we can do it through page designers and developer studio.

1.  You can uncheck the editable option for global context

1. You can make the editable parameter as [false] in code when developing through Developer Studio

Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

This is not possible via Permissions set and Projection [ Entity Actions and Projections Actions]

But you have alternative method to Prevent this

OPTIONS

01- Create and SQL Event and Event Action to Prevent users from Editing specifct Feild

OR

02- You Can Create BPA [Business Process Automation] So that You can Create an Event and Attached the Event to BPA instead of Event Action

in the SQL Event or BPA , you have the option to Sepcify Edit only for Selected users / User group or user has specify Permissions set or job ID

Option 02- is more Evergreen concept since you will not peforme any customizations instead you will do NOCODE configuration  , you can find more details on IFS_Academy on how to do this

The Reason why you can not do this via in IFS_CLOUD is , when we use APP10 , in Presentation object level we had seperate action for NEW/MODIFY/CREATE 

But in Cloud we dont have such 3 Method under Projections , but i have seen that some places where we can see these 3 method in new SU’s , but we have already informed this to Rnd and there are in the process of ralling out this feature in next releases [ Not sure when]

Untill that you have to use Event/BPA for preventions