Solved

Adding Sites to User in IFS Cloud

• 22 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I found a couple of questions on this topic and one idea that is related, but I’m going to ask my question anyway considering the other questions have gone unanswered and the idea wall gives a bleak possibility for this being fixed any time soon.

Has anyone found a more efficient way of adding sites for a user in IFS Cloud?  The only page I’ve found for doing this is from Sites per User, and it isn’t just cumbersome as has been mentioned, it is downright obnoxiously slow.

In V9, I went to a user, added two sites for a user and saved, there is a built in IFS function to add in the company for the user that they weren’t previously granted.  It took less than 30 seconds from searching the user, adding the sites and saving the record.

In Cloud 22R1, the same evolution requires more than a minute and that time becomes significantly longer if the number of sites is more than a couple to add or the company needs added.  Can be literally 5 times as long to do the same task.

V9, the UI allows just ticking boxes to add in the site from Create User, but in Cloud, each addition requires the Add button to be used, then a lookup to a list of values for the sites, then scrolling or just typing through a list that is a huge waste of screen space (I don’t care what the site time offset is when adding a site to a user - it is really irrelevant).  

Then, if the site picked is in a company not already added, it can’t be fixed from this page and isn’t automatically updated, though that is clearly what would be intended.  Then have to go to another page, look up the user again, add the company, come back to Sites per User refresh to lose the previous additions and start again to add.

Who has a clever solution to this problem because this is just painful and more than a big step backwards in functionality?

Surely whoever designed this function has never had the task of setting up users as part of their day job.  What am I missing to make this task easier?

icon

Best answer by tvz 23 October 2023, 02:28

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Looks like it’s been over a year, so you may have found this or found a better solution already, but this button helps speed things up. Even if the user doesn’t need all sites, then you have the option of selecting the checkbox for multiple and then deleting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@tvz 

What version is this?

Badge +1

We are on 22 R1 SU 14

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, thanks, so then we might have it too or be able to pick it up by moving up on a service update.