Solved

Acivite Node - IFS10

• 29 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

Is there any service which can be used to monitor if IFS 10 Middleware is running or not. 

Also if we can  know the request is coming from which node (Incase the environment as more that 1 node)

Regards

Pankaj

icon

Best answer by sutekh137 29 June 2022, 16:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@paguin 

I ended up writing a BAT file that could run mvs-svr and dump the contents to a text file. I then call that BAT file from a Schedule Windows Task, and process the text from a custom application. If someone employed advanced PowerScript techniques, that could all be done in one script, I imagine.

In looking at the scheduled task, I see I do not use a BAT file (but I could). The Windows scheduled task directly calls the mws-svr command file and pipes output to a log file at a networked location. The command looks like this:

D:\ifsdev\mws-svr.cmd action=status target=all password={IFSSYS password} > "\\DellFS01\F Drive\Apps\Global\IFS MWS Status\IFSDEV.log"

We are piping to a UNC that is our main file server. An automated application task (written in Visual Foxpro) then parses the file once every hour, looking for strings like “RUNNING” or “STOPPED”. I can provide more details on that if you are interested, but I don’t generally assume FoxPro code is all that useful to most folks (but we have a lot of Foxpro code in play here).

The scheduled task that generates the log needs to be run on the app server itself, as I do not think mws-svr.cmd supports being run remotely (but my admin skills are not all that strong, so I could be wrong about that...).

The key takeaway is that mws-svr can be run as a single command that sends its output to a text file for analysis. If that were not possible, this concept wouldn’t work.

Good luck,

Joe Kaufman