Solved

Accessing IFS from Azure core 3 framework

• 28 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

We are currently reading and writing to IFS from Microsoft Azure using the IFS dll and .net framework 4.6.1.

We could like to jump up to core 3.1 framework but we have been having issues with the IFS dlls.

Is a core 3 compatible dll on the horizon?

We are currently using;

Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.dll 9.0.312.0

Ifs.Fnd.Core.dll 9.0.31.0

Ifs.Fnd.Data.dll 9.0.31

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by AndreasIsengaard 31 January 2020, 08:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I think there are some parts in the AccessProvider that prevents it from running on .NET core (e.g. usage of Windows Forms). If you are on apps 10, I would consider invoking the projections instead - then you don’t have to rely on the AccessProvider at all.

Badge +2

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Is there a guide on using projections?  I’ve never heard of it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Projections is bascially odata (micro) services that is exposed, everything in Aurena I think uses projections and u can consume it from any client that supports orgnizational accounts and odata. Some documentation is here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/045_administration_aurena/240_integration/010_api_doc/default.htm

Admin Edit: Replaced wit link with docs link. (April 2020)

Badge +2

Guessing thats IFS 10 only if it uses Aurena?  We have 9 and 10 isn’t on the horizon.

Do you have a public link?  I don’t have access to that site sorry.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Yeah, it’s for 10 only. I guess other option for 9 is then to develop a BizAPI and call that one directly (dunno if it is worth the trouble though), another idea would be calling the PLSQL gateway directly (by writing your own code) - but then again, if something happens you’re responsible I guess. Attached is some info about 10, Aurena, declarative modelling etc, with 10 it’s like a new world is opening up.

Badge +2

Thanks for the help Andreas.  IFS 10 looks interesting, wish we could get the upgrade.

Looks like I will have to keep my azure function app running the .net framework for the foreseeable future.  I can’t see our IT giving us direct access to the IFS databases.

Cheers,

Joe.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

No problem, just to clarify - I think it is possible to call PLSQL gateway in MWS using your own code (in the end it’s just all about http-requests being sent back and forth in the IFS AccessProvider), not connecting to Oracle directly (because in most cases that’s a no-go for most customers in terms of security, scalability, licensing etc).

Badge +2

Sorry to resuscitate an old thread but I’ve had another go at getting this working with .core framework instead of .net framework.

Using the starter guide (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/050_development/040_core_server/010_access_providers_dev/020_ap_dotnet/010_getting_started_guide.htm)

And using the release candidate .NET 6, I can get further than I could previously.  Before I couldnt create the connection, now I can.

conn = new FndConnection(pars[0], pars[1], pars[2]);

When I try and run the select command (FndPLSQLSelectCommand) code, I get this error when trying to get the data.

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke
 ---> Expecting delimiter but found character code 69

Any ideas what it could be?  Also tried doing a plain select * from PERS call but I get the same response.

Google says the character code 69 is “E uppercase e”...