Question

About the system parameter of "Cleanup age limit in days for Iam Events Log"

• 28 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi All.

This is a question about the system parameters of IFS Cloud 23R1.

The parameter "Cleanup age limit in days for Iam Events Log" is
It is present on the System Parameters screen, but is not mentioned in the documentation.
Please tell me what this parameter affects and the upper limit that can be set for the parameter.

The purpose of changing the parameters is to obtain information of users who have logged in to IFS within the past month.
Information about users who have logged in to IFS is displayed on the "Login Events" screen.
Because we have confirmed that the period of information displayed on the "Login Events" screen is changed by the "Cleanup age limit in days for Iam Events Log" parameter.
I would like to know more about this parameter.
("Login Events" screen: Solution Manager > Users and Permissions > Identity and Access Manager > Manage > Login Events)

==========================================================================================
Document:
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/030_administration/150_setup/151_system_parameters/
Window:Solution Manager > Setup > System Parameters
Category:Security
Parameter:Cleanup age limit in days for Iam Events Log
==========================================================================================

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @NECKAWA,

As you have discovered yourself, the purpose of the parameter is to define how long to retain IAM related events in the system. Mainly, there are 2 types of IAM related events called Login Events and Admin Events which are documented here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/030_administration/010_security/040_iam_settings/080_authentication_auditing/030_auditing_events/

You can see these events in the Login Events and Admin Events pages in Aurena respectively. 

These events are recorded for auditing purpose. One thing to be aware would be that these events, especially login events, could grow quite a lot within a short time frame and could consume a lot of space in the relevant database tables. It would depend on the using patterns of the end users. So it might be a good idea to not set the value too high for the parameter. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Charith.

Thank you for your reply.
I was able to understand the functionality of historical logs regarding IFS events.

I'm going to configure the system and see if the features work as expected.

Best Regards.