Solved

401 Authorization Required - IAM pod keep failing

• 20 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I’m getting 401 Authorization Required error when login to Aurena in IFS cloud 22R1 SU6 based application which is newly created. I noticed that ifsapp-iam pod keep failing. What can I do next to fix the issue ?

I’ve attached the iam log here.

Regards,

Dilshani

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 23 February 2023, 23:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Dilshani ,

looking at the error it seems that one of the objects that IAM is trying to create already exists in the database. Was the database cloned from another database? Any chance there is another MT instance connecting to the same database? You can see if there is a another MT instance connecting to the database by querying v$session and checking the IP addresses of the database session to see if there is anything connecting from an IP address different from your new MT instance.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

This was investigated through a case and R&D provided following steps to drop and recreate IFSIAMSYS schema.

Please note that this was a fresh installation coming from an upgrade, so there were no customer specific IAM configurations in the environment. 

1. Run DROP USER ifsiamsys on db. This should drop the existing IFSIAMSYS schema.

1. Then run the prepare DB step again. This will recreate IFSIAMSYS.
  1. After that you can login as Application Owner and run following query.
    SELECT *
    FROM dba_objects
    WHERE owner = 'IFSIAMSYS'
    AND object_type = 'TABLE';
    The result of this query should not contain any objects as schema objects are not created yet.

2. Restart ifsapp-iam pod and during the start up the IFSIAMSYS schema objects should be created properly.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you @Sajith D for your support.

Thank you Charith. I tested this one and it fixed the issue.