Skip to main content

APPSv10 UPD 20

Windows Server 2019 (CPU: 2x2.10GHz, 4 virtual sockets, RAM: 48Gb)

We are lining up to apply Update 23 and just preparing the application instructions, I find the usual warning regarding available resource is in place and that if memory is not sufficient, that this could impair the patch application process.

It got me thinking about the process of starting the Managed Servers. Whenever we start the Managed Servers after a hardware reboot, or where we needed to restart the IFS system for whatever reason, the CPU always maxes out at 100% for a good few minutes, perhaps 5 mins, then a slight drop to then run again at 100% for a few minutes. I appreciate this is not a RAM concern, but….

This in my experience seems to be normal behaviour, and occurs across both our Production and Test systems. The start operation is always successful.

Should we be concerned? or just nature of the beast?

To be clear, my question to the community is: Is the above behaviour the same for you?

Regards

Mike

Hi @MikeArbon ,

Could you please let me know, how much time does Main Servers take to complete the restarting process in average?

When you are noticing such a 100% CPU, you can check it from Windows Task manager. In there you can identify the process which is causing to make 100% CPU. If you identify that process, then Go to the “Name of the process->Click RMB - > Open file location". Then it will show the exact location of that process where it is being made. Also, it shows how much memory does it consume when the process is running.

Is it (the process name) similar to <IFS_Home>\<mw_home>\<java>\<bin>\java.exe?

Regards,

Abises Weerasekera