Tag Search and Date Filter for IFS Community

• 30 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I think it’s better if the search filter in Community has below options, and I think they will help to narrow down the search results.

1) An option to select the tags as we prefer within the search
User can be given a list of existing tags and the option to search a tag on their own if there are too many in the list. 
Currently the tags are automatically picked and we can’t remove/modify/search tags within the search results. Automatic way can pick up unrelated tags in contrast to what the user is trying to search, which will unnecessarily increase the number of results.

2) An option to filter results according to posted date or last updated date of a topic
This can be with date range and/or the order, ascending or descending.
Currently all results are ordered in descending order by default and in a scenario where there are so many results, it’s cumbersome to go through each post to see if anything matches to what the user is searching for.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dinushi Liyanage  - Thanks for these suggestions! I’ve moved this from the ideas section of the community, since we can’t actually make these changes ourselves. But I will take these suggestions to the Insided community, and keep you posted on what I hear back.