Question

Conditional formatting - Check box

• 5 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello Community!

I'm facing challenges while attempting to apply conditional formatting to a column containing checkboxes. I aim to have the row highlighted in a specific color based on whether the checkbox is checked or not. Despite trying the following approach, I haven't achieved success.

Appreciate any assistance.

/David

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 
May I ask what view this is in and what tab you are applying this conditional formatting in? 
I may be able to help if I’m able to do some tests in our environment. :)

Badge +2

Hi ELJO

It's within the Shop Floor Workbench and utilized in a tab that we have created as a modification (QMS Control Results). However, I believe the issue is linked to the fact that the field is a modification. I've tested the same logic on a different checkbox column, and it works perfectly fine.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @David1992 ,

I tried to apply a conditional format to an check-box but I failed too before.

If you guys cant find a way to do it you can try to add a new custom field  like below:

SELECT

(CASE

WHEN QMS_RESULT_COMPLETED = ‘TRUE’ THEN ‘TRUE’

WHEN QMS_RESULT_COMPLETED = ‘FALSE’ THEN ‘FALSE’

END) YOUR_NEW_CUSTOM_FIELD

FROM YOUR_TABLE

Then you can apply your conditional format to YOUR_NEW_CUSTOM_FIELD.

Hope it helps

Özgün Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Have you tried to set the value to True, Yes or Y without quotes? This might be down to the checkbox using alternative values for the condition. One way to check this is to RMB on the column header and select “Conditional Fields...”, then locate the field in the list, select it and press the plus button next to the “Add Value Set Action” label.

This should then show the valid values in the “Selected Values” section. Then use the delete button at the top right of this dialog to remove the new value action. 

Regards

Telha