Question

A heads up! Community contents are visible to public internet

• 8 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Just a heads up post for all to acknowledge that the Community Solution Area discussions, the topics, the individual posts,  the personal details of members and message histories and many documents are all viewable in public internet without the need to log in. Logging in gives you the possibility to post and have access to some additional content.

The ones seeking ways for cyber attacks, the competitors, the sellers all can have valuable content from here.

Especially important to acknowledge this when sharing certain details about yourself and the companies you work with. They are open for all to see.

My expectation would be that all the content would require a log in and the registration woul have a saparate verification to identify and prevent fake identities and accounts. Of course the openness has advantages too and several big players like Microsoft and Oracle have similar open communities too where yu can read without a registration or login. There is also strong analogy to web-forums of the past that could be either open or closed. I was expecting this to be closed so a bit surprised user here.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The community guidelines clearly state it is a public forum, it has never been represented as private.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Sure, for contents. User info part was the surprise for me. I thought a reminder was in order as there is the personal info thread too.