Question

Year End & Function Group Help

• 2 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

For reference my company uses IFSAPP9 and I am located in the US. My accounting manager and I are trying to do our first year end close and create closing/opening balances for the new year. We just went live in October, so it has been a mess. Anyway, we messed a couple transactions during the preliminary year end up that we are trying to post. One posted, so I am trying to cancel that one and the other did not look right at all, so I am trying to reverse that one as well. However, when I try to approve the voucher, I keep getting an error message that user group AC is not associated with any voucher type with function group R for accounting Period 202301, see below.

What does it mean and how do I fix this???

I have tried adding the user group in voucher type per voucher series, as I have seen in other forums, same error. Tried added user group AC to Voucher type R, still getting yelled at. I don’t understand how to fix this and it’s driving me nuts because I just want to get these things posted.

For additional reference, the voucher entry screen looks as below for one, as an example. However, it seems I cannot post, whether it is to cancel or just post regular. I don’t know how to fix the interim voucher issue.

Voucher Entry Header Reference

Thanks in advance! 😀

Mike

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You can query by voucher type/function group ‘R’ 

By that Voucher type, verify the user group is connected to the period/s in question

Badge +1

Thanks Christy. I tried that and it was connected already. I talked to someone at IFS and it seems we screwed it up real good and I have to get someone with developer level credentials, which we have within our company, to remove this transactions. 😐

Turns out I first broke it by setting the system default YE voucher type to Function group M, instead of YE as it was by default. Then I tried to post something else, and that just compounded the issue even further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The learning curve is always an adventure.   I am happy to hear you have a path forward.

Badge +1

Yes, that is for sure. This implementation is not my first rodeo, and the learning curve is definitely a fun and frustrating adventure, no matter what system it is lol. Thanks again for your reply.