X type voucher created by system via a Service Contract Customer Invoice

• 9 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 553 replies

Community,

We have a situation that never happens before. Financials said they never see X type voucher and it should not be in 2023/6 period and 2023/7 period. 

Service contract suppose to have 2 customer invoices created for period 2023/6 and 2023/7. Service department didn’t do customer order invoicing till Aug, 2023, and system created 2 X type vouchers booked the liability account,  one voucher voucher date is 2023/06/01, one voucher date is 202307/01. Accounting period 6, 7 not closed yet.

in summary, we would like to understand

1. Are those X type voucher is created by system? if that is the case, what is the purpose of doing this?
  2. how we could handle those 2 X type voucher? basically, finance would not like to see these 2 X type vouchers.
  3. how to avoid this happening again?
see the Service Contract Invoice period set for period 2023/6, 
one of the customer order is invoiced in period 2023/8, customer invoice no is CD200405899
X Voucher is created after CD200405899 is posted.

Thank you in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

You must have enabled period allocation on service contract. Can you please check whether this field is selected?

I can suggest a manual correction for the revenue.

1. Create a new manual voucher, select manual voucher date as invoice date. 
  2. For debit, add 4000 account along with code parts and amounts from voucher F-202300911
  3. For credit add the same account as debit.
  4. In debit account, click RMB and select period allocation.
  5. Apply the allocation the same way as customer invoice. Start date from 1st of June to end date.
  6. Update voucher to GL

This should reverse X-allocation vouchers and correct your revenue balances. The previous periods must be open

Hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@gumabs Appreciate your reply.

for #1, below the invoice date is 8/30/2023, as per screenshot above, correct?

1. Create a new manual voucher, select manual voucher date as invoice date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@gumabs I think the invoice date should be  8/16/2023? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@gumabs please take a look at the 2 vouchers I listed below.

in the first screenshot, the voucher(customer invoice) actually it includes the period allocation debit revenue 4000 $9616.39. in the second screenshot, the voucher (period allocation) back dated in period 6, it credit the revenue account 4000 $9616.39. if that is the case, X voucher is in reversed status, but just the period is different. maybe we should focus on how to update the period allocation period 6 to 8? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

@gumabs I think the invoice date should be  8/16/2023? 

Hello set voucher date to 8/16/2023. 

For debit line, click RMB on view voucher rows tab and enter allocation details. I created a sample for you below. This will credit the selected voucher line and create a debit transaction to 23015 account.

Then your balances should be corrected.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@gumabs Appreciated your expertise.