Skip to main content
Question

What is the use and purpose of the ability to add a new line to a project invoice

• 25 July 2024
  • 2 replies

In a Project Invoice we have the lines tab and that tab has the ability to add a new line.  When we do add a new line, the only thing we can add is an item no and description.  What is the purpose of this ability?

Thank you

Patrick

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @PIreland

The ability to add new lines to project invoices in IFS serves several purposes. When creating a project invoice using the invoicing plan, you can adjust or add new lines to the preliminary invoice. Here are some scenarios:

1. Invoicing Plan Adjustments:
  • If you need to modify the invoice based on the project plan (e.g., additional items, corrections, or changes), you can add new lines to the preliminary invoice.
  • These adjustments might involve project-specific transactions or costs.
  • If the new lines are part of the project invoice plan, consider deleting the existing preliminary invoice and starting over.
  • Alternatively, if they are project transactions, you can use the “Add to Invoice” option1.

1. Discount Lines:
  • To apply a fixed discount to a project invoice, you can create a negative sales price in the invoicing plan or project cost registration.
  • However, ensure that the discount appears correctly on invoice2.
  • Remember that the ability to add new lines allows flexibility in adjusting project invoices and accommodating specific requirements.

Best Regards,

Tharindu

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you @Tharindu,

On the first bullet….  when I create a new line I get this:

The only field I can put data into is the description and the Correction Reason field (not shown on this screenshot).  There does not seem to be a way to add anything reasonable to the invoice lines.  Am I seeing things correctly?