Voucher Type X created in periods that are closed

• 6 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 554 replies

Community,

Would like to imagine what happened in below X vouchers.  I have below question,

1. X Voucher used for what purpose?
  2. apparently it is created by user *K, but how she could created the voucher in period 8 but created the entry in period 6 & 7 which are closed ?

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @ronhu 

Voucher type X is used to allocate cost/revenue amounts( or statistic accounts too) generally for future periods. But it is possible to start allocation from a previous period.

the periods must be open in order to update voucher to GL. Because allocation transactions (X voucher rows) are generated once GL update is done. I suppose they are opened and voucher is updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@gumabs Thank you for your quick reply.

My another question is, it should be user *K’s discretion to use the valid period, in the screenshots, user *K allocates the revenue in period 6 and 7. I just want to make sure user *K is responsible for this posting.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

The screenshot for X s not showing created by information. Please go to gl voucher details wndow and find X vouchers. There you will have source transaction info in reference voucher type and reference voucher no fields. The created by field will show you the user. Additionally in voucher rows you can see source invoice information in reference series and reference id fields. 
hope this helps