Question

Voucher No is a negative number in Event Action??

• 19 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have built a custom event and event action to notify our Accounting Controller when she has Voucher Type M or Q’s in ‘Awaiting Approval’ status. It triggers fine but it displays the NEW:Voucher_No as a negative number when it is actually  ‘202100xxx’

displays as -2095601.

I have also tried using OLD:VOUCHER_NO and NEW and OLD:VOUCHER_REF_NO to no avail. 

Weird thing is if I change the status (for example, to Not Approved) then change it back to Awaiting Approval (which triggers my event), the Voucher number displays properly. 

Thoughts?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @KLAVALLEY ,

This seems like a bug in the IFS Application which needs to be investigated further technically. Could you kindly report a case to IFS Support on this?

We have provided several fixes for customers who had similar issues with negative voucher numbers.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Wow, that was a quick response, Thanushi!  I will open a case with IFS Support and quit pulling my hair out  lol

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Great! Thanks @KLAVALLEY :smiley:

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @KLAVALLEY,

When you use New created application assign a temporary negative number as voucher number for the voucher row as a dummy record since it requires dummy data in backend to complete the data entry process. Positive actual voucher number assigns only when voucher is finally saved.

Therefore if you change the event to trigger when Modify Voucher number (uncheck when New record created option)and to trigger after the save you might get the correct voucher number. 

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @KLAVALLEY,

set you r trigger to ‘AFTER INSERT’ and add new ‘IF’ condition to filter the voucher number with,

‘IF(:NEW.VOUCHER_NO > 0)’ this will avoid the temporary voucher no which is inserted as a minus value when the voucher initialize to the table.

-Sheha-

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks, Shehan and Akila.  I actually had to combine your two suggestions.  The event triggers properly and the action displays the correct/permanent Voucher number. Here is the event and action in case anyone else needs something like this: 

Thanks for taking time to respond!