Solved

Voucher analysis

• 28 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Teams,

I have got an error message which I don’t understand, can any one tell me what it is about and help me how to solv it?

kind regards,

Esayas

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 28 January 2022, 20:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you go into the detail of these vouchers, could you share a screenshot of the error text please? It’s visible in the voucher rows as a column.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have got this but there is no any error text.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try to look for the column here: 

The name of the field is Update Error

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I hope this could be the text error what you were asking me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Esayas-

There is a missing element in the posting control GP2/control type AC11 in reference to the account number.   

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

GP2 is triggered from a process we call period allocation where we commonly allocate a given expense over multiple accounting periods. 

The GP2 posting type would need to be revised to manage that transaction.  Often times the posting control is based on the account group of the original transaction. That original account will be listed on the same posting line.   For example if account is X book the GP2 to account y (usually a balance sheet account - for example pre-paid insurance or pre-paid expenses).  

The account / account group are common control types. 

Then make sure the details support the transaction in error. 

In your error message the current set up uses AC11 (account).   In that case you need the accounts listed in the detail.  My example is using the account groups. 

The details may look something like this. 

Best regards, 

Thomas