Question

Vertex shows a incorrect Tax amount where IFS shows the correct amount

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We are facing a issue where IFS shows and Vertex shows different tax amounts for Customer orders.

We user Vertex to calculate tax for US and Canada but recently we noticed that tax values are different when comparing the IFS and Vertex values. When digging down further we notices that CO invoice number that's mapped with vertex for document number stores the same invoice number for every Customer order.

Is there any log we can check what was sent by IFS to vertex? If so, where can I find it? 

Any advice on what needed to checked? Coz I tried finding documents related to Vertex integration in IFS Application 8 but only found the installation guide. 

Best Regards,

Ruby

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’ve seen a similar issue with Avalara in the past. The issue there was that we updated the Test database from IFS side but still used the same one Sandbox environment on that side, and hence IFS generated new invoice numbers starting from 10000 again, but the sandbox already had these numbers. So we had to re-create invoice series, or start different numbering. Not sure if it helps, but wanted to share. 

From what I know, there are 2 ways IFS can communicate with Vertex.

1. Vertex Sales Tax Q series will use database packages installed in the database server to communicate
  2. Vertex Sales Tax O series uses IFS Connect and XML messages, so you’ll be able to see the communication in Application Messages. 

Badge +2

Hi Ruby,

We are experiencing a similar problem with Vertex O series integration. This started occuring around the middle of March and we have had no update to IFS code so assumed the issue was with Vertex. However, they enabled logging at their end and this showed the http request from IFS containing multiple invoice lines from different invoices but all having the same invoice number. The Vertex integration uses database procedures to send XML and there is no logging in IFS that we can see. Please provide an update if you know to any fix or further information etc.

Kind regards

Pete