Solved

Validating the SAF-T file

• 6 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

When validating the SAF-T file from Audit File interface towards Norwegian Tax authority’s official validator the following error message appear:

posisjon: 8 - Elementet CreditAmount i navneområdet urn:StandardAuditFile-Taxation-Financial:NO har ugyldig underordnet element ExchangeRate i navneområdet urn:StandardAuditFile-Taxation-Financial:NO. Forventet liste over mulige elementer: CurrencyAmount i navneområdet urn:StandardAuditFile-Taxation-Financial:NO.

Translated to English:
position: 8 - Element CreditAmount in name area urn:StandardAuditFile-Taxation-Financial:NO has invalid subordinated element ExchangeRate in name area urn:StandardAuditFile-Taxation-Financial:NO. Expected list of possible elements: CurrencyAmount i name area urn:StandardAuditFile-Taxation-Financial:NO

icon

Best answer by SSj 11 December 2023, 07:41

View original

4 replies

Hello,
The error message during validating the SAF-T file looks like you are using the wrong format (example the old format) of the reporting xml file.
It says that there is invalid subordinated element ExchangeRate , but expected is CurrencyAmount. I've seen similar messages when users
try to upload the SAF-T file as Polish Audit File in the format example 1.0 , but now valid is only next format example 2.0
You have to generate your xml file in the correct valid format, I suppose.
Best Regards,
Pawel Dworzynski

Badge +2

Not possible to choose ver 2.0 fo the Norwegian SAF-T file - there is only one version as far as we know.

Hello,
In that case when you are pretty sure that you use correct format of xml file the error with message of missing CurrencyAmount in the file
can point to that there is something wrong with the data. For test it try to generate similar xml file but for the previous period or one
of the earlier periods and validate it with the authority’s official validator. If the file for previous period is ok there is something wrong
in the current reporting period.
Best Regards,
Pawel Dworzynski

Badge +2

Thanks for the replies. We agree that there is something wrong with the data - the issue is that these data are created by the application.

We try once more to get a proper reply from the IFS support team - thanks again for your ideas and replies.