Question

Using Rest for loading External Supplier Invoices?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

Has anybody else used Rest for loading External Supplier Invoices?

If so, what is a quite straight process to setup / use?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I haven’t but these days I’m experimenting with IFS connect and inbound integrations :)

If you are intend to use REST, then the process is straight forward and what you have to do is to find the integration projection corresponding to loading External Supplier Invoices and call it using your interface.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi, Yes.. I have found the ExternalSupplierInvoicesHandling Rest API - which has a description of ‘View or change supplier invoices and correct invoices with an error code.’ which interestingly (wasn’t expecting this), has a Action of ‘CreateExternalSuppInvoices’ 

Using Postman, we run the Rest call (passing some info in the payload)

{

• "Source": "Testabc",

• "Selection": "It is a Text",

• "Company": "999",

• "LoadId": "999",

• "VoucherDate": "2019-10-10",

• "VoucherType": "It is a Text",

• "VoucherTypeFinalPosting": "It is a Text",

• "UserGroup": "It is a Text",

• "UseVoucherDateFromFile": true,

• "UseVoucherTypeFromFile": true,

• "CurrencyRateFromSystem": true,

• "RunInBackground": true

}

Then we checked in background jobs, noticed that a ‘Background job’ has started from this Rest call and it completes without error. But unfortunately, no Supplier External Invoice has been created.  One thing that I did notice is that in the background job parameter field, non of the payload information was in the parameters..

Does anybody know why that would be the case or are we using the wrong Rest API..

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @JamesW72 ,

You indicate you want to load external supplier invoices have you taken a look at the RestAPI CreateExternalSuppInvoices under the ExternalSupplierInvoiceLoadInformationHandling projection?

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi, 

Yes, that was in my previous post.

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @JamesW72 ,
this function does not create new object. This will execute process of creation Invoices from data, already loaded into LoadInfo, ExtInvHeader, ExtInvItems, ExtInvTaxItems,…

If you have access to DB, you can check what it’s doing in External_Supplier_Invoices_Handling_SVC.Create_External_Supp_Invoices___

You need to create whole structure before calling this function. And here is the problem - REST does not allow to Create those objects directly.

There is option to use ExternalSupplierInvoiceAssistantHandling but it provide way, how to import file.

Maybe there is some SOAP WS that can do this work, but it will be only published BizAPIs and it will (maybe) using parameters like C01, C02, … N01, N02, … and then here will be hard work with mapping to correct columns.

If you want to analyse REST possibilities, show where to search in DB and look into code and try to find another ways, we can schedule private Teams call.

BR