Question

Using Financials to track customer rent payments.

• 13 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’d like to represent properties we rent out as either non inventory sales parts or sales objects. I’m not sure which approach is more practical? Should I use Sales Objects → Instant Invoice? Sales Part → Customer Order?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello,

If you use as non inventory sales parts that would have more transparency and there would be many windows, analysis and reports for you to track the sales details and analyze rent income.

Thus, deciding which approach would base on your requirements.

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ssadeq ,

I believe Usually Non-Inventory Sales Parts are used to represent the services and sales parts are used to represent selling or renting of Tangible items.  ( Sales objects in Instant invoice once again represent the services not properties( Tangible assets ) )

Hence you are intended to use properties for renting and  subsequently your business have to take account on inventory management/calculation/tracking on rented properties,  Therefor It is best to go with Sales part, rather than Non-Inventory Sales Part.

If your business focus on renting of service, then please go with Non-Inventory Sales Parts.

Hope this helps you.