Question

Users can see all Manual Supplier Invoices in a company

• 30 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict viewing of Manual Supplier Invoices in a company?

There is a set of LTU users of a customer who would need no access to view certain Manual Supplier Invoice and they currently see all.

As Invoice Posting Authorization is to restrict the Authorization level they cannot authorize them, but is there a way to limit invoice viewing as well?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Chathurika Wijeratne 

I would first note the view from here:  (which is &AO.MAN_SUPP_INVOICE)

Then under a permission set, I would search under ‘Database Objects’  for MAN_SUPP_INVOICE only

Now when it pops up on the left had side, you can view granted or grantees

From there you can view all the permission sets this has been granted to. You may either make sure those LTU users have none of those permissions or if they have any, you can remove those permission sets

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In the last screenshot above, to get ‘Show Grantees’ click on the first search result

You can also revoke it from specific permission sets or make sure the LTU users aren’t provided with the view access to the LU ManSuppInvoice 

Hope this clarifies. 

If you think ,y explanation helped answer the question, you may select it as the best answer

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello @Asela Munasinghe ,

Thanks so much for the input. But the required is not restricting the views from the LTU users and is to restrict viewing unwanted Manual Supplier Invoices. Could you kindly let me know if there is any possibility for that?

Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Chathurika Wijeratne I actually do not know any other way than

1. Revoking the view access, if its included in the limited users granted permissions, or
  2. Granting only the permissions that don’t include the view access to LU ManSuppInvoice to that set of users (For this you might want to define specific permission sets internally) 

:)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi, @Chathurika Wijeratne 

You can't fix this problem with permission set.
We solved this in a different way.
1. Build the project team first.
2. Add staff to the project team.
3. Use the exist function on the frmManualSupplierInvoice_Cust display screen. 

Best regards,

Mervan