Use Posting Proposal - Negative Points

• 24 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community. 

I have worked in IFS companies that have had “Use Posting Proposal” on and some that have had it off.

Since it is a non-reversible decision I wondered if anyone had any thoughts or feedback on the negative aspect of moving to Posting Proposals for Supplier Invoices? anything to consider before turning it on.  

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi David,

Posting Proposal is generally used for the extra step of posting Authorizing. Given the better control and security with posting proposal, it gives extra work to do. Multiple role such as acknowledgers, authorizers need to be assigned and you cannot process the invoice quickly. For a company that has lesser in value transactions, so don't need that extra authorization step, posting proposal is not needed. It saves time and more user friendly when the company doesn't have Posting Proposal enabled. 

Best Regards,

Ruwanjala

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @david.harmer,

I can’t think of a negative impact. However, it’s better if you post all your invoices before turning on Posting Proposals. Or else you may need to use “Upgrade Invoices with Posting Proposal” RMB option to add posting information to existing invoices.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @david.harmer,

One thing you need to consider is, whether the people who enter supplier invoice entries at the moment have a sound knowledge on different postings involved in Manual Supplier Invoices and their implications. If no, Posting information of the invoices need to be overlooked by a set of people who are thorough with finance background (Invoice Posting Authorizers) and enabling Posting Proposals would facilitate this requirement.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thank you all for responding so quickly, all good information. 

I was actually wondering if Supplier Invoice Workflow was needed to allow Invoices to be posted within the Tolerance settings on the company. The documentation does not appear to suggest this however I cannot seem to get the tolerance functionality to kick in. When i receive a manual supplier invoice within the tolerance the balance just stays in the Posting Information section and I dont see an additional line for the tolerance. I cannot post the invoice as I get the error “Postings are missing or not in balance”

Maybe I have something else missing to enable the Manual Supplier Invoice to be posted when it falls within the tolerance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @david.harmer ,

Can you check if the Posting Information have the Balance of 0.00?

Best Regards,
Thanushi​​​​​​​