Question

Urgent: Close Period Error

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello community,

We have this error when try close period of June:

Transactions waiting to be transferred from Distribution and/or Manufacturing

What can I do to fix it and close month?  

Thanks.

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @Norahmf 

Run following function

1. Transfer Inventory Transactions 
  2. Transfer Purchase Transactions
  3. Transfer Processing Transactions

Go to supply chain and manufacturing posting analysis and search for status code 2 and 99, which indicates transactions not posted to financial ledgers. if you have any 99, it indicates that transaction has posting error that must be corrected in order to transfer to financials.

Correct the error and run Rerun Erroneous Accounting function, system should correct 99 errors and set status to 2. Then you can transfer those transactions.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @gumabs .

thanks, I did that now and I find this error in line 99 code:

Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type M92 control type C31 code part A in company 00200.

what that means?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @Norahmf 

Purchase group is missing for the non inventory part or purchase group is not selected for No Part Order Lines. 

Select the line  on supply chain and manufacturing posting analysis and navigate to Purchase Transactions History. There you should have purchase order number and the part number. Correct the purchase part basic data. if the purchase was made using no part then go to purchase order and enter purchase group information on No Part Order Lines tab.

Once you correct all, then you can Rerun Erroneous Accounting and see if error is cleared. Once it is cleared you can Transfer Purchase Transactions

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@gumabs 

I checked the transaction history and this is the error

I think the accounting is wrong , but in  another site we did not face that before.

when I check I did not fine these 2 lines the transaction completed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @Norahmf 

Can you go to posting control window and search M92? Go to details and take a screen shot and paste here.

We can define a default value to have permanent solution.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @gumabs ,

Kindly check attachments I take screen shot from the details.

is there any screenshots need?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @gumabs ,

Kindly check attachments I take screen shot from the details.

is there any screenshots need?

these are setup details.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

and this is details.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @Norahmf 

go to posting control, search for M92. Click pen button and enter 630180 account in Default Value No CT Value field. Save the record.

This looks  most appropriate choice to me.

Rerun Erroneous Postings and see if the error is cleared. Then you can run Transfer Purchase Transactions

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello 

@gumabs 

What is the affect for this action?

is there any negative affect to any process?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @Norahmf 

Only negative thing if purchase group is not selected for PO then it will always go to this account for M92 posting type. Better if you can identify PO and enter correct purchase group

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you do not want to setup a default value you can do like this:

Go to the inventory transaction with the error. You take the part number and site  and search for the purchase part and check which purchase group it has.

Then you check the posting control for M92, in company 00200, and see if that purchase group is setup in the details. If not you set it up with the correct account and rerun erroneous postings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Tomas Ruderfelt 

I did this but still I have this error:

Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type M92 control type C31 code part A in company 00200.

Badge +2

Are you updating the Posting Control in Company 00200?

Once you make the fix @Tomas Ruderfelt has suggested make sure you “Rerun Erroneous Supply Chain and Manufacturing Postings” for the same site as these transactions were performed in.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It is solved now .

the account date was invalid 

I fix it then I did the steps you mentioned.

thank you vey much all.