Question

Unique ID for ACH Supplier Payment

• 19 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello everyone,

We are running apps8 and are trying to set up ACH Supplier Payments. One question I keep getting is if we can create a unique ID for each ACH payment similar to a check number that gets created when we cut a check. This way our AP team can use the Supplier Check screen as a one stop shop when a vendor calls asking about a payment we sent them. Can we use Check No. field that is attached to the Supplier Check screen for ACH payments? And if we can, where can I set up the Check No. so we can create that unique ID?

Thank you for your help!

Carl Kemmerer

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@CKemmererWNA 

Hi Carl,

I assume you are using standard ACH payment format for the US ACH payments. So, in this case, haven’t you made the setup to send the payment advice/remittance advice automatically to the supplier when payment order is created? This will ensure that your supplier will be notified on the upcoming payment which they are going to receive. But, if still your supplier wants to know the payment status, you can refer to Payment File Trace Information window. This window will maintain all historic order details. There is a unique ID already available to refer the payment order. That is Payment order ID. I am bit confused why you thought to relate the check number with ACH payment. Have I completely misunderstood your requirement?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Eranda 

Hi Eranda,

Thank you for the response. I just started at this company and I have never set up ACH payments before so I am going off some screen shots and a few notes but I believe we have the remittance set up. I agree, there really isn’t an excuse for a supplier to not know what the payment is for as long as they get the email. However, I think AP thinks they are going to get questions the same way they get questions with manual checks. Which is why I think this was brought to my attention to see if when they get a call from a supplier they can go to the Supplier Check screen regardless if its ACH or Check and search for the “Check No” (again keeping the ACH one set of numbers and checks another). Basically making it easier to identify ACH and Check. 

I was unaware of this “Payment File Trace Information” screen, this I think will be a huge help. I think now they are just going to need to ask “Did you receive a check or was it an ACH”? and based on that go to Supplier Check or this Payment File Trace Information screen. 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

Carl Kemmerer