Undo "Same No Prelim and Final Supplier" invoice

• 15 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 355 replies

Unlike this issue reported here ...

We are looking to switch off the “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” setting.  We run Apps9 and are using Supplier Invoice Workflow.  One of the companies in the group are challenged each Year End by having to remove any Prelim Invoices before moving over to a new Accounting Year because they have an I voucher allocated already.  This has been heightened this year by them starting to use Document Management to attach copy invoices to the Prelim on IFS. 

Like many other companies, I’m sure, we have ‘year specific’ voucher series set up for I and J vouchers.  Prelim Supplier invoices posted in current year have current year prefix so error when trying to finally post in New Year.  

When we tried to test processing invoices having unticked the “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” box we encountered the following error

Our I voucher type is set to Automatic Allotment  of voucher

J voucher type is not

When trying to change J to Automatic Allotment I encounter the following

And finally to the questions...

• Does this error message mean we cannot ever switch 'since there are vouchers for the Voucher Type’ or that we need to remove/finally process all Prelim Invoices first?
  • Has anyone successfully made this ‘switch’?
  • Does anyone have any advice/suggestions as to which setting we might be missing?

We do require being able to manually enter the Invoice No when putting on the Prelim Invoice.   We understand we should Finally Post/remove prelims from current year before unticking “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” in readiness for the following year.

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Linda

icon

Best answer by Shanuka Lashan 16 December 2022, 21:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @PRODQ,

The reason why you are not allowing to uncheck the “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” setting and getting “Voucher Type J cannot be modified since there are vouchers for the voucher type” error when trying to select “Automatic Allotment” checkbox is that in your Company/Accounting Rules/General Data tab “Use voucher number series per period” check box is not selected.

But once a company is already created, you cannot select this manually in order to unselect the “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” check box. Selection of “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” is decided when creating the Company and this cannot be changed later. 

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Shanuka Lashan 
Thanks for the feedback.  

Just to clarify we have been able to uncheck the “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” tickbox.

Are you saying if you choose to have “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” unticked, then I and J Voucher Types must be set to “Automatic Allotment” AND checkbox “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” must be ticked?  

Do I then understand you’re saying we will not be able to switch having already decided not to have “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” ticked?

(Sorry lots of positive/negative/ticked/checked in that reply! :-) 

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @PRODQ,

For the 1st question; Are you saying if you choose to have “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” unticked, then I and J Voucher Types must be set to “Automatic Allotment” AND checkbox “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” must be ticked?  J voucher needs to use Automatic Allotment. 

For the 1st question; Do I then understand you’re saying we will not be able to switch having already decided not to have “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” ticked? Yes. In simple terms as I have explained in my first comment it is not allowed to select both “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” and “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” at the same time and as per your requirement, since now you need to unselect “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier”, then you need to  select “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” setting, but this cannot be changed after creating the company.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @PRODQ,

Furthermore, you can raise a case to IFS support if you believe this needs to considered as a bug. So that IFS Support will assist you get a fix through RnD. What I have explained above is current behavior of the application. 

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the clarification, @Shanuka Lashan, that the choices are either “Use Voucher Number Series per Period” or “Same No Prelim and Final Supplier” but more importantly that once selected, this cannot be changed.  

We will not be able to raise a case with IFS Support, though, as we are on Apps9.

Linda