Solved

Unable to Rollback Posted Depreciation

• 26 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello.  I posted a depreciation proposal with posting date 4/3/2021 .  But when I try to rollback the posted depreciation, I get the below error:

I am not sure why I need to rollback any transactions for this object since the depreciation posting was the most recent transaction. All other transactions for this object were posted before the depreciation.

Any help or guidance on this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 26 August 2021, 14:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Andrei,

Please check the object transaction ID of the depreciation entry and the other import entries. Looking at the screen prints, I believe the import object transaction has a more recent number than the depreciation entry.

If that it true you will have to rollback the import transaction 1st. 

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

<ignore this post>

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Andrei,

Please check the object transaction ID of the depreciation entry and the other import entries. Looking at the screen prints, I believe the import object transaction has a more recent number than the depreciation entry.

If that it true you will have to rollback the import transaction 1st. 

Shehan Almeida.

Thank you Shehan, that is indeed the case.

Another question if you don’t mind. When I upload object transactions, there is a mandatory field called Object Transaction ID. How would I know what object transaction ID to put, and is it possible to have the same object transaction ID for two transactions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I do not think it is possible have same ID.

I think it will require some manual work to find the next available number by checking existing transaction IDs..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Object transactiosn are numbered in IFS by database sequence, and method FA_OBJECT_TRANSACTION_API.GET_NEXT_OBJ_TRANS_ID retrieves next number available. 

For me to migrate fixed assets, migration job was always easier than external file. In migration job definition for single input file line you can trigger multiple methods, which makes possible importing object master, its books connected and balances/transactions from a single line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes. Migration job is better for this.