Solved

Unable to correct voucher error

• 9 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

A posting control created a voucher that did not fulfill the code part requirements of the posting control account, giving an error status (pictured below). 
I can approve the voucher but when I run “Update GL Vouchers” I get an error (see below).

I am unable to close the period because of this issue. How do I resolve so I can close the period?

Best Regards,

Dennis M.

icon

Best answer by Nancy Fink 9 September 2021, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Dennis,

Can you explain which Posting Type, Control Type and Value used vs. needed?

Kind regards,

Sheri

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Since the voucher is already created changing the posting control now will not assist with this voucher. 

You will need go to account -- click on code part demands -- set this code part to allow so you can update the voucher -- you can then do a Q or M voucher to move it from this code part.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Sheri,

This is related to Posting type PP22.

The control type is AC8 - product line.

The account for PP22 requires a product line but none is populated in the voucher and I am unable to add one in the voucher entry screen.

Thanks,

Dennis M.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Nancy Fink thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

it seems the code part demands of the particular account has been changed recently. you can check the last update time from below SQL query.

select rowversion from accounting_code_part_value_tab where company = '118' and code_part_value = '23050000' and code_part = 'A';

Best Regards

Sheha