Question

type of Message code from issuer CAMT053 set up

• 15 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

I have to set up the parameters for CAMT053 for banks. I’m not sure which type of message code I need to use:

The XML file from the bank contains 3 ISO transactions types (Domain/Family and SubFamily) plus a specific BAI code.

Extract from the XML file:

I firts set up the Family code (ie; ICDT in this example) but it was not recognized when I upload the bank statement in the External Payment. It doesnt’ seems to be useful, as only the specific BAI code has been fetched.

Do I have to delete the Family code and enter the BAI Code instead?

Example from another file after I set up the BAI codes in the external payment parameters:

Does IFS automatically recognized the Domain/ Family or Sub Family Codes? Or do we have to set up the 3 types of messages codes? 

Thank you for you help on that point, 

regards

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @CBRUEL,

According to my knowledge the message code in the file will be taken in to the application based on the below logic.

First priority will be given to the message code available in the Entry Detail <NtryDtls> of the transaction under the tag Family Code. 

<Domn>
                        <Cd>PMNT</Cd>
                        <Fmly>
                            <Cd>ICDT</Cd>
                        </Fmly>
                    </Domn>

Second Priority will be given to the message code available in the Proprietary tag which is available in the Entry Detail level.        
                            <Prtry>
                                <Cd>ICDT</Cd>
                                <Issr>*</Issr>
                            </Prtry>
If the bank transaction details are not provided in the Entry Detail level, then the system will consider the bank transaction code available in the Entry <Ntry>  level along side the above mentioned sequence.

This is how the logic works in the application with regard to message code extraction.

According to the given scenario, i hope the system first read the issuer from the proprietary code, and then search for message code ICDT connected to the issuer BAI from the external payment parameters window.

Therefore, you can try setting up ICDT message code for issuer BAI in the external payment parameter window?

Hope this clarifies your question. Please reach me if you have further concerns.

Regards,

Lihini.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Lihini, 

Thank you for you answer, it clarifies a little how IFS reads the messages codes from the bank in the XML file but it doesn’t really answer my question. 

• Does IFS automatically recognized the Domain/ Family or Sub Family Codes? Or do we have to set up the 3 types of messages codes? 

I already set up the message code “ICDT” wich comes from the ISO transaction code list - family code, connected to the issuer "BAI" in the External Payment Parameters window.

But it did not matched when I importeted the bank statements, so I added the specific messages code from the issuer BAI. Finally, it matched better when I imported the bank statement !

As you can see in the XML extract (previous post), the message codes are populated  in both entry: the Entry details (field BkTxCd) and "Prtry".

As I understand , you said that there is a priority in IFS to read the message code?

Does IFS read first the proprietary message codes, then the ISO messages code?

Do we have to enter both in the External payment parameters? Or do the ISO Message Code already set up in IFS?

Thank you for your confirmation on that topic.

Camille

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @CBRUEL,

IFS application read the message code from Bank transaction code tag, if the message code is available in the Domain level or Proprietary level tags that i have mentioned previously. 

The codes available in the Sub family code is not fetched to the IFS application.

If the bank transaction code is available in the Entry detail level, then you can set up the message code available in the Family tag, as the message code in the External Payment Parameters window.

As per my understating,  in the provided scenario, it should work if the issuer BAI is set up and connected to message code ICDT in the External Payment Parameters window to match the transactions.

Could you please check if you have set up a pseudo code for 466 tag, which is available in the Proprietary code?

Regards,

Lihini.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Lihini, 

Ok thank you for your answer. 

Well noted for the subfamily code, it’s not fetched.

I already defined the family code “ICDT” for the issuer BAI but it’s not enough to match the transaction, IFS doesnt’ recognize it as a “supplier payment” in the External Payment screen.  

I added some pseudo codes for other messages codes (275 /ex). but not the 466. 

Is it mandatory to connect the messages codes to a pseudo code to fetch the correct transaction type in the External Payment screen? 

thank you 

Camille