Solved

Transfer assets & liabilities between 2 companies

• 16 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi all,

Is there a method to transfer customer invoice balance from one company to another company in same DB. Customer ID would be same & AR balance should be transferred to another company & create multi company transactions. 

Looking for same for supplier invoices and fixed assets balances too.

Best regards

Narmada

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 22 February 2022, 12:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

what is the purpose from the required action?

will you close the first company?, is it required for reporting purpose only?

if you use multi company, did you link the customer or supplier to the new company?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @Nagah.khaled 

Sorry for delay in reply and please refer below comments on your quarries. 

One of our customer needs to merge 2 company transfer both company balances into one new company,

I’m looking for a method to transfer customer & supplier balances into new company. Also we are planning to use existing customers & suppliers by updating invoice tab & payment tab with new company.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, Narmada,

It seems existing companies will be abandoned, and new company created as a merged.

In such case, I have always done migration like regular opening balances migration: creating external customer invoices and external supplier invoices file from a database queries returning records in standard external file format, and then loaded them via external invoice functionality, 

In customer case, dedicated migration account was placed instead of invoice revenue posting and, and tax code substituted by NOTAX (and net amount = gross amount), if tax was already handled by source company or original kept if due in new one. 

In supplier invoice case - same approach for finally posted invoices, prelposted items migrated without posting lines added.

For fixed assets - object import functionality (by data migration job).

Cash accounts balances - manually through mixed payment with direct cash statements on dedicated account

Similarly, open customer and supplier payment items - either through external payment file or manual mixed payment (with opposite direct cash on dedicated account)

And finally - manual GL voucher (external voucher load) to transfer remaining GL positions (excluding ledger accounts - voucher balanced by dedicated accounts mentioned above).

I believe it is simplest way and relatively easy to perform - does not require complex data transformation. I have done it several times already and it took me up to 2 days (and number of invoices migrated each time was more that thousand).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @Adam Bereda,

Many thanks on detail explanation

Best Regards

Narmada