Solved

Tolerance posting proposal

• 9 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

I have a question about the tolerance in the posting proposal.

Is there a way to block the posting proposal modification if the difference between the invoice and the PO is above tolerance values ?

Best regards.

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 11 December 2022, 07:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Abdessamad,

As per my knowledge, there isn't a way to block the posting proposal modification when the difference between the invoice and the PO is above tolerance values. 

This has been already reported to RnD through Idea which can be accessed via the below link.

https://community.ifs.com/ideas/not-possible-to-prevent-over-receipt-and-matching-16367

But RnD has decided not to consider it in the short to medium term as part of their roadmap strategy. Therefore, I would suggest to get this done through a Custom event.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response.

Do you have any tips for how to create a custom event to apply this condition ? It would be very helpful if you can suggest a documentation or an example to use.

Best regards.

Abdessamad

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Abdessamad ,

I’m afraid, we do not have a ready-made SLQ script for a custom event. A technical resource, on the other hand, could easily create a custom SQL event targeting the error message generated when the user matches the invoice over the PO value.

which is typically as follows:

Question: Percentage out of tolerance. Do you want to override ?

If block could be posted at this instance of the function, users would not be able to bypass matching above the tolerance level.

I hope this gives you some direction with your business requirements.