Question

The Site object does not exist Error

• 21 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I am doing a Migration Job to enter Accounting Preposting date in to the Pre_Accounting View.  I keep getting this “The Site object does not exist.” error.

Does anyone know the reason for the error.   I wish IFS error messages were a little more descriptive.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Maybe check there are no blank rows at the end of your dataset that look like they are supposed to be migrated in, but are actually just null rows.  Depending on the file format, I’ve seen where deleting rows in the dataset, then trying to migrate will pick up the blanks.  You don’t intend for them to go, but they get read as part of the dataset.  I use the delete row function down below the dataset for a few hundred rows to make sure the end is clear.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

There were no blank lines.  Here is the full error.  ORA-20111: Site.NOTEXIST2: The Site object does not exist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Perhaps it is a stupid question, but do you passing site value in your input data? Preposting should contain code part values, company and site (site field is called Contract)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I tried that and rec’d the same error.  In the table, there is Contract field, but it is null almost all the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

In IFS v. 7.5 I am using, there’s no company or contract field in the table behind pre_accounting view, but Contract and company passed as attributes in New_  function are taking important part in validation process. They are mandatory then...