Question

Text column value at Voucher entry window

• 20 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Team,

As per help text, The text can also be set by the system, e.g., name of the supplier if the voucher belongs to a supplier invoice. So What are the pre-conditions to fetch this value ?

Even when reference series and number is entered, text value does not get fetch.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Xavier Fernando 

You will have to add relevant voucher to the ‘Voucher Summary’ window. 

so, for an example, if you add ‘I’ voucher type there, then supplier name will appear in relevant ‘I’ voucher against ‘Text’ field in Voucher Entry window.

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Also, if it’s avoucher created from Supplier invoice, you have the voucher text option in the posting information section of a Manual Supplier Invoice.

Text entered in this field will get fetched to the final supplier invoice voucher (J voucher) as shown below from the voucher entry window

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks guys for your valuable inputs.

It was identified, when it comes to GET Environments ( I tested in company enabled for localization Polish ), If you create a Manual voucher entry and enter invoice series reference and invoice number respectively ( I copied from PostedAuth invoice ) on reference series and reference number columns on voucher line, Supplier name is fetched as TEXT value.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Xavier,

this functionality has been applied to GET version in patch 145098 as Polish legal requirement.

See patch decsription for details.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Xavier Fernando,

This has been corrected via the bug fix 145098 suggested by Adam (UPD13 for APP9 and UPD3 for APP10) in GET Environments with the Polish Localization.

The correct functionality is that the field ‘TEXT’ should be filled with the name of the supplier only when the field ‘TEXT’ is empty. If you have already entered any value to this ‘TEXT’ field, then it should not be overwritten by the Supplier Name.

This is the behavior in both Global Extension 9 and IFS Global Extension 10.

In your example, if you have not given any value in the text field then it is correct for the supplier name to be fetched in this case.

Therefore, you can do a simple test plan as below and check if this is the behavior.

- Go to  Accounting Rules\Voucher\Manual Voucher\Voucher Entry and create a manual voucher.

- Check the field “Text” and enter the text "XXX"  to  this  field.

- Next, fill  the  field “Reference Number”. 

- If the field “Text” was filled with name of supplier then this is a bug and needs to be fixed with the above fix.

Hope this helps 
:relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi