Solved

Taxable and non-taxable depreciation

• 20 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 8 replies

HI, In Poland there are depreciations which can’t deducted from corporate taxation.

Depreciation needs to be divided into Taxable and Not Taxable. Is it possible to create depreciation method which split the depreciation into two lines? 

Or is there other solution for that?

On posting control there is set up Tax on FAP5.

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 28 September 2023, 17:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

do you have cases of taxable and non-taxable part of depreciation applicable to the same object? How many? 
If yes, I would consider split of object into two, or setting-up automatic posting rule in GL - for specific objects only.

Badge +3

Hi,

Thank you for answer. There is only one object, at least at the moment.

If we use setting up automatic posting rule, we need to create new object group isn’t that correct. Because we object rule as control type.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
when you have differences between statutory and taxable depreciation, usual solution is to define two separate books in fixed assets and two depreciation patterns for each object. 
This means each month two depreciation proposals must be managed. 

If you have just one or several objects involved, you can use object id as code part value on depreciation cost account (FAP5 rule on object code part driven by pre-accounting) - and you can define automatic posting rule to reclassify (by percentage) part of depreciation cost of specific object to non-taxable. 

I do not think you ned dedicated object group for that.

Badge +3

Thank you, I’ll do this in the test version first.

Badge +3

Hi,  There are totally 4 active objects, 3 of them are older one and normally depreciated. The depr rule is set  by object group.

If we change the depr rule by object number, how these old already  partly depreciation react?

terveisin

Tarja