Solved

Tax Reports using Tax Structure

• 5 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I am accustomed to creating tax reports using tax codes.  I created a tax structure to test the report function but the tax structure tab is not an option.  Am I missing a base setup item?  The company setup is on Address and the customer has the tax structure listed.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Eranda 5 October 2020, 21:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Christy,

If Tax Structure tab is not enabled for the tax template, you cannot use it in tax report level. When you go to Tax Templates window, you can see a column call "Tax Structure", if this not selected, tax structure tab is not visible in Tax Report. It seems that you are using template S017 and tax structure tab is not enabled for this template. But, if you use Tax template S005, you can use Tax Structure tab. Please note that you cannot amend the tax structure check box, if the tax template is a system defined template. So, if you want to use tax structure for tax sales report, you have to copy and create a new template. then, you can select the Tax structure check box.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Eranda -

You are the bomb!!  I stumbled across that by accident just prior to your reply.  Thank you so much!!  ;)

Best-

Christy