Question

tax clearance voucher

• 27 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello to the community,

I created the following tax report with S005 template and filled one tax code that is used for purchases and sales and added IP4 and IP3 in the transaction code. 

I created a tax proposal with tax template S005, and validated it, printed it, it is now in status “declared / valid”.

When trying to create a clearance voucher with all information filled in header (correct period used in the tax proposal report + all tax accounts) there is no transaction getting fetched on the lower part of the window.

I checked the TC voucher type and it is open to use for my user group, AC. I am not sure to understand the process, can anyone explain what could be the reason that I can’t find any transaction. If you have any documentation that could help more than the one on the online documentation, I’d be grateful. 

Thank you

Tanya

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you fetched tax ledger?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Christy, 

Yes I did : 

When trying to create the clearance voucher i get this error message saying i can’t proceed with this action but i can close the message box and go on with the field filling. I’m mentionning it in case it may be the problem but not sure as to how it could be. I have access to the voucher type TC.

Thanks

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you verified the tax code settings?  

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

My tax code on my tax report is set to “invoice entry” and the tax reporting category is set to “none”, isn’t it correct? 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It appears that those would be correct settings.   

Have you verified the process flow of invoice with existing tax transactions?   If no transactions have occurred, your report will not return any records.

If there are transactions via the posting controls defined, tax ledger has been fetched and GL updated within the defined periods, the report should return lines.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

i saw from your screenshot that you just entered one account 445600.

Is this the only tax account that you have in the system?

Regards

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Let’s start at the beginning. 

Per the inquiry, you're wondering why the tax clearance did not select any records. 

The tax clearance process is based on previously reported tax. Meaning you need tax transactions first, then the tax transactions need to be fetched. It appears this has been done and all OK. 

Then the next step is critical.  As you noted you need a tax report.   - In this tax report you can optionally minimize what tax transactions are to be included within your report. For example if you do not  select certain transactions (for example only IP3, IP4) then all tax transactions will flow to the tax report.  The reports will show all tax or just purchases or just sales. It’s a setting on the report. 

You would review the tax proposal details and make sure it includes the related transactions.  

Make sure your proposal has details. I’m thinking your proposal has no records.   

If your proposal has no records - double check the tax report - you can remove the optional filters. Also make sure you have tax transactions that are Fetched, for the given reporting time period. By default the automatic tax proposal looks for last month. Just make sure the proposal includes the tax transactions.  Then continue like you have previously. 

The tax clearance should work.   

Please confirm the tax proposal had details meaning tax transactions had been selected for the report. 

Best regards, 

Thomas