Question

Supplier set up - Workflow authorisation

• 21 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

We are looking to improve out process for for setting up new suppliers, which is very n=manual at moment with double entry of completing forms for approval then entering into IFS

I’ve noticed IFS has a ‘template’ that can be used for new suppliers, but is there any process that will allow an employee to register a new entry and then have it approved in IFS?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@SMcLees Hope I understood the question correct. We use Copy Supplier from the header using one of the template suppliers we have setup in IFS. Thereafter all we have to do is update the Supplier specific info like contact details on the new record. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for your reply

My question wasn’t so much as copying existing details to make the setting up quicker, but was there a way that any employee could submit a request through IFS for a new supplier set up and have it checked and approved in system, rather than the process we have now of completing a word document with details, having that signed off and then the details being entered again on to IFS from the word document

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sorry for my confusion @SMcLees . Do you think this the below addresses the same query?