Solved

Supplier Payment vs IP1 posting issue

• 4 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We have a posting issue with Supplier Payment. It is trying to post with a code part B (department) anc C (product) defined while the account is blocked for part B anc C.

Looking at the Repost Supplier Item, I do not see how I can remove the value in code for department and for product.

IP1 is defined with code part A only. There is no definition for the department and/or the product.

Why does IFS push code part B and C onto the Supplier Payment posting?

Is the only solution to put “CAN” for code part B and C on the 2119 account?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 5 July 2023, 15:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

When an invoice is created it gets a code string based on the rules at that time.   That code string is assigned to that invoice. Call this code string A.   Assume posting control or other rules change such that if we process the same invoice the new code string would be string B. 

When we act upon the first invoice, IFS will utilize the string A when acting upon that invoice.  We will clear the string A when processing payments, write offs and other.   If we do the exact same process for the second invoice the string B is affected.  

I’m trying to explain that the IP1 affects the invoice creation string. It does not necessarily affect the downstream processing.    

It looks to me, that the invoice was created with certain rules, could be posting control with pre-posting. Then later decided to use a different string going forward.  

You can fix by using the repost ledger item, however you need to allow the old code string as a valid entry so that IFS can create the correcting entries.  Then after correction and GL update you can reset the code parts as blocked. 

Best regards. 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you @Thomas Peterson for the explanations.

Where would I found the pre-posting associated to the posting control so I can correct it going forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The pre-postings could have been on the invoice.   

Make sure your IP1 posting type in posting control is set up correctly for what you need today.   

You can repost any affected older invoice.  The nice thing about the repost is you can run this on any set of invoices and only the invoices where there would be a difference would be affected.  For example, assume 10 correct invoices (correct code string) and 2 wrong invoices. Select 12 and repost. Only the two wrong invoices are reposted with the revised string. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you again @Thomas Peterson ! You are a great help.