Skip to main content
Question

Supplier Invoice Tolerance Parameters and Authorization

• 17 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I am having trouble finding how the supplier Invoice Tolerance Parameters and the Invoice Posting Authorization works together.

What I would like is if the Invoice and Purchase Order are within 5%, not require a authorization.  Over 5% deviance, requires posting authorization.

I just have had trouble finding documentation on how these work together.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

From what I understand of the question, that’s how it works.   Assume a supplier invoice for 100 and PO arrival value of 96, with a 5% tolerance. Similarly, a 104 invoice and a 100 arrival will be within tolerance.   - Note tolerance can be both % and amount. We use the lower of the two.  For example, 5% on 1,000,000 is a big number you may want in that case to have an amount 25 or 50. 

Even “if” you set up a tolerance at the company or supplier, the tolerance function is not used unless the supplier is marked as use tolerance (check box type option).  I’ve seen many people miss that set up. 

This is an example from the older client IEE not Cloud but same / same concept / areas in IFS. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Thomas Peterson 

I asked a question on this subject of tolerance for supplier invoicing. It works well for me on non-stocked items but not on inventory stocke. 

Can you tell me why? Is there an extra parameter to set? 

I've set the parameters for the company and my inventory stock items are at PUMP

thank you very much for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Taking a guess, 

I suspect your inventory parts are weighted average cost.   I spoke with R&D on this long ago. The working idea has been you still need to manage the tolerance when using average cost & invoice consideration as transaction based. 

Unfortunately, I don’t recall seeing any enhancements that would automate the tolerance / better manage the tolerance. 

Maybe suggest a new topic, asking - can we automate the tolerance management in supplier invoice for weighted average parts when using the invoice consideration. 

IFS Creates a ton of new functionality frequently.  In other works, IFS may have developed an enhancement that I have not read about. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Thomas Peterson 

I can confirm that it doesn't work on transaction-based items, but it does work on all others.

I've tested version 24R1 and it's the same: no change. 

However, when this works, the problem is that the extra line created is not linked to the purchase order, so if you look at the invoiced purchase order object, you can't find the real amount invoiced.

Here is my example

I invoiced 500.01 and this created the 2nd line in auto on the M19 which is not linked to my purchase order.

I find that 500 on the invoiced amount of my order of acaht in this object

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

You can manually update the matching results - for example if needed delete any PPV posting lines and add the value to one of the matched records for the PO. 

The supplier invoice workflow process (posting proposal and automated matching) is intended to automate as best we can, however traditional AP work is still allowed.   In other words, the IFS matching can be a starting point for AP analysis and fine adjustments. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thanks @Thomas Peterson , so if I've understood correctly, we have to make the changes ourselves if we want the + or - differences to show up in the invoiced orders statistics.