Solved

Supplier Correction Invoice for delivered Purchase Order

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dear Colleagues.

I’d like to gather your opinions how to solve the below issue:

My company uses inventory and non-inventory parts to buy certain products. Sometimes we face the situation that the delivered and consumed material is invoiced (matched) and paid, but after some time (even 6 months) we receive correction invoices. How to deal with such situation to correctly update the delivery quantities, cost and warehouse weighted average/unit cost??

I suggest using Return option, but it does not affect Invoice anyhow. We cannot match the Correction Invoice with any transactions for this return, because there is none. Doing it manually is wrong.

Any ideas will be precious. Thank you

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 26 March 2024, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Karolina Wowak 

Process the return for credit as you already know and suggested yourself. To get it reflected in your invoicing, you can create Manual Supplier Invoice with negative values and then match it with the returns. Negative qty will be shown in the match PO dialogue box, which you can match with the created invoice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m assuming the correction invoice you receive is purely for a price adjustment and not releated to any returns. You should enter the invoice / credit as a normal invoice. The posting proposal created will not be able to do any matching as the receipt has already been matched. If you go to the posting proposal then you can select the purchasing / price adjustment purchase menu option 

This allows you to match the correction invoice against the relevant original delivery and create price variance postings (or cascade the variance) depending on the part setup. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you both for the given advice and instructions. These are exactly the steps I needed :)

👍