Question

Supplier check layout not printing correctly

• 18 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We are on Apps10 UPD 16, using Aurena exclusively. We’re developing our supplier check layout, and having a lot of trouble getting it to print properly. What I mean is, when the layout prints to different printers, the margins, scaling, positions change, sometimes significantly. We are printing on blank check stock, which means MICR coding and everything else is printed, and must be in exactly the same position each time. We have checked printer drivers, reset printer settings, everything we can think of. What’s even more bizarre to me is if we preview the check, then print it to PDF 100% scaled, it again displays differently. The MICR could be off the bottom of the page, the fonts are way too big, etc. Has anyone else run into this, and what have you done to fix it? It’s the inconsistency between printers that is most troublesome, I don’t want a layout that only works on one printer, that’s a single point of failure and won’t scale to other locations.

Appreciated.

Warren

1 reply

Badge +4

We were running into a similar situation, after talking to more folks in our IT infrastructure team, it seemed like this could happen with ERP and physical printers, we changed the printer and it worked well. We implemented a process for changing printers to ensure the check template works appropriately. 

I’ll be interested to see if you find a different way to resolve this, as I agree, it is not ideal and not scalable.