Question

Supplier check cash/print error

• 12 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Dear All,

I get this error when I try to print the supplier check. This erroneous voucher number cannot be searched and does not exist in the system. 

When we debug(Check from the back end)  it says only credit balance is creating for the new voucher.

In some cheques for the same voucher number another transaction was recorded already. (Same voucher function group U)

All the related posting controls, voucher types, voucher series were configured accordingly.

Your help really appreciated.

Regards

Naadira

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This error message suggests that the posting of the cheque can’t be made as there is no entry for one of the sides (based on your debugging it would suggest the debit side). Is the cheque matched to an invoice or manually coded to a cost for the debit entry?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This error message is quite unusual, so if you believe it’s all set up correctly, I’d suggest raising a case with support as they’ll be able to investigate technically and have access to the database to see any further details.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

This error message suggests that the posting of the cheque can’t be made as there is no entry for one of the sides (based on your debugging it would suggest the debit side). Is the cheque matched to an invoice or manually coded to a cost for the debit entry?

Dear Rituma,

This was an advance payment and invoices not matched. Yes, from the debugging it cannot see from which method debit entry is not reflecting.

As you can see in the screenshots, at the created stage voucher is created and entries are correct. But at the cashed stage voucher is not generating. Please give your feedback on this.

Regards

Naadira

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I did notice on the last screenshot, the debits and credits are 0 but the cheque had an amount. This would lead to think the posting of the cheque is the cause of the issue.  This does seem odd, but support would be better equipped to look at the issue.

Can you replicate this issue with all cheques or it just this one?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I did notice on the last screenshot, the debits and credits are 0 but the cheque had an amount. This would lead to think the posting of the cheque is the cause of the issue.  This does seem odd, but support would be better equipped to look at the issue.

Can you replicate this issue with all cheques or it just this one?

Dear Rituma,

Yes, same error appeared in multiple cheques. For the unmatched advance payment cheques.

Regards

Naadira

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If they all get posted with 0 amounts, this would seem like a bug.