Solution for taking heavy GL voucher data out for auditors

• 22 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Customer case:

GL voucher data export for auditors

Over 12 million GL voucher rows a year.

Biggest company -  round 3,5 million rows a year.

What would be the best IFS solution for exporting GL voucher data - here are my options:

1. Quick report - scheduled export (csv out)
  2. External File template - scheduled (csv out)
  3. DB -link , via IAL view
  4. Data migrations tools (csv out)

Less columns means faster process, but all 10 code parts are used

Target system not decided:

• DW
  • other

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Did you find a good solution to this?

We’re facing same requirement and don’t see a good solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

Quick report was the final solution.  One report for the voucher data and another for the voucher row data.

The auditor was flexible. The amount of columns were reduced quite much. There were also lots of voucher rows with statistical accounts. They were excluded from the data.  Then the  speed of the export was bit better.  Auditor requested some basic data, like list of accounts with description in IFS.

Quick reports were run manually and saved as csv. Quick reports had enough parameters to run them  with different conditions depending on the amount of rows per company  and / or per accounting period.

External file option was tested, but it was not used.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Alright. Thanks a lot! We’ll try the same approach :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

If you have PL/SQL developer tool, you can try using sql export function. I exported last week about 5million GL rows. I created query with selected columns and run it for company, accounting_year and accounting_period

Export to csv is faster I believe.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

PL/SQL developer or some other similar tool is ok. It can be faster or similar. It depends on the user and data. I didn’t find a real difference between PL/SQL developer and Quick report when I tested the query by App owner account.

If you can use database tables as a data sources, it could speed up the query.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

HI,

depending on the version that you have you might also use the audit Interface functionality.

E.g. the Report Type: GDPDU writes an textfile and a file with the colum description.

The export can be used for the predefined Audit sources (also accounts) and run as a background job. For example all GL voucher rows.

The file will look like this.

Regards

Ralph

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Interesting option. GDPdU is a German audit file standard. I tested with GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW_AV It seems to possible to run the process in App9. The data seems to include all the columns. The order of the columns changes quite much from the source view. Activation of background job is unclear, but I just check App9. I thought that there is a visible External File template, but no.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Yes - it is a german output for auditors. It is a simple text file where the also created xml file describes the columns. It might not be ideal but should do the trick. As the files can be quite big - make sure that the  server has enough space to process the file.

Right now i can only access a apps10 environment and cannot crosscheck against a older version. In Apps10 you can use the option Batch Process when starting the function:

A valid server patch (on the extendet server) must be defined here:

Regards

Ralph