Question

Shop Order Variance

• 28 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to run a variance report within Shop Order that will show me any direct material variances and show me if we made any errors when closing the shop order.

What I want to be able to run is something that will show the entered order amount when order by the customer and its total price versus the price of what we actually put into the material.

Right now I can run a report that shows me how much weight I put into the shop order but it does not show any cost. We do all of this manually so at times we make mistakes and I want to be able to catch these quickly and not weeks/months later when it is far to late. 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What IFS version are you on?   Do you happen to know what user group you are connected to?

Badge +1

We use IFS APPS 10 version (hopefully that is what you are looking for).  As far as user group I’m not sure.  I am tied to our production department so I production capabilities but also have quality functions as well as this was a former role. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There are many standard variance reports available within IFS.   My guess is that you do not have the correct report and/or the correct permissions to view cost.   Within shop orders there are cost reports available.  You may take a look at a few to test my access/permissions theory.   This snip is not the best example as it is from a test database without material costs.   If this part had established costs, you would see the variances and when applicable, will include material.

Badge +1

You were correct, I do not have permissions to access it but I have requested them from my IT department.  Hopefully this will be what I need.