Question

Setting up a separate payment serie for ACH

• 14 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We would like to have separate payment series for ACH and CHK, both for suppliers and customers.

I know I have to start by creating new payment series, then I can assign a new payment number serie to each, and also assign the appropriate payment type code to each.

How do I know which payment type code refers to an ACH payment?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @clilouise 

If i understand you correctly, you can set up the requirement by amending below window. Window name is the same. Navigate to payment types window and adjust payment series for the payment type you want to change.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@gumabs yes I know that much, but which line should I amend that will correspond to an ACH payment. 

For example, is it Customer Payment? or Customer Automatic Payment? or Customer BOE  Payement?

None say specifically ACH, so I do not know which is the one that IFS will be using in the case of an ACH payment.

Any help is welcome!

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi

Well, this is going to be challenging. Because IFS payment types are not identified by payment method but the nature of the payment. An ACH payment is generally Customer Payment and Supplier Payment. However, they are at the same time WIRE payment for foreign parties. 

For check payment, you can identify easily but not for bank transfer payments.

Maybe @Thomas Peterson can comment for this and advise something else.

Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

If I cannot segragate the ACH related payments, are all the “check” related payments identified with “check” in the description?

This way I could at least have the check related payments associated to “check” series and then have the rest, whether ACH or something else, associated to “other” series.