Solved

setoff Purchase Tax against Sales Tax

• 10 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Guys,

Can any one help by providing the process :

As we are aware that we will pay to Government the net off Input Tax(i., Tax on Purchases) and Output Tax (i., Tax on sales).

Is there any procedure in IFS for auto  set off these two tax transactions and create a voucher with the Net amount payable to Government.

icon

Best answer by Srichand 12 June 2021, 12:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Srichand ,

You may use ‘Tax Clearance Voucher’ for this purpose. Through ‘tax clearance’ process we could identify the net impact and based on that relevant payment could be made.

‘Create tax clearance voucher’ is the window we are using for this. So, once this function is performed a tax clearance voucher would get created as the name itself suggests.

1. Open the Create Tax Clearance Voucher window

2. Enter appropriate values in the From-Year Period and To Year- Period to define a period range for selecting the balances for tax clearing. Define it based on given format (you may use LOV to provide these values).

3. Specify accounts range in From Account and To Account fields for selecting the tax accounts. The List of Values can be used to select the required account.

4. Select a value for the Tax Clearing Base. The base decides whether the reported tax or balance will be fetched into the Amount to Clear field for clearing voucher.
  5. Modify the voucher date, user group and/or voucher type if required. A voucher type connected to the function group TC -Tax Clearance can be used for creating a tax clearance voucher.
  6. The table shows the tax account balances selected to be included in tax clearing voucher. Unselect ‘Include’ check box if a balance to be excluded. Click OK. 
  7. A voucher would get created and will open ‘Tax Clearance Analysis’ window.
  8. Then you may proceed the payment using either of below options,
    a. Automatic Process – As a non-supplier payment 
    b. Manual Process – As a direct cash payment

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Sugandi,

Thanks for Your reply.  But this feature I found in in App10.

I am working for a App9 client ,  I Can’t find in App9.

AM I Correct?

How to proceed for APP9

Thanks & Regards,

Srichand

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Srichand ,

Yes, you are correct. This feature was introduced in APP10 and hence isn’t available in APP9.

Have you tried using a tax report connecting a template such as ‘Tax Total’ shown below? 

As a quick check I have created a tax report connecting above template and then created a tax proposal. Then I noted that the proposal would contain transactions of both type (disbursed & received). 

Therefore, you may try testing this. However, before following this, you may have to pay attention to applicable legal requirements as well as customer specific requirements. 

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Sugandhi,

Yes, I did this.

The point is transferring the net of Tax Received and Tax disbursed to a controlling account and creation of Payment voucher for the net amount like as we did in App10.

Unless we transfer these tax transactions to a controlling they will stand as open items and how to create a Payment voucher

Can you put some insight on this.. 

Thanks & Regards,

Srichand

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Srichand,

There is not standard functionality in APP9 to clear the tax account balance. You have to manually clear the tax account balance via a Q voucher and then, can make the payment via a direct cash transaction in Mixed payment. There is no connection between tax proposal and tax clearance. Tax proposal is used for tax reporting purpose.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Eranda,

Thanks for you reply..

Why Q Voucher ?

If we declare Tax account as Ledger type account will Q voucher will permit to clear Tax account balance.

Please share you experience if you have been worked earlier on this ..

Thanks & Regards,

Srichand

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Tested and working fine. Good Answer