Question

Separate Supplier invoice series for same supplier in different state

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi 

How i can create Separate supplier invoice series for the supplier operating from different state. Using IFS 10 Application and Indian Localization.

There are only One Branch in a company. 

Appreciate quick reply. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Is this a legal requirement?  Or why are you wanting a different series ID?

You can create any number of series ID.  State is not a typical driver of a supplier invoice series.  Is this State the Companies State or the suppliers State. 

You would need some process to assign a different series by state. 

In your posting   you only have one branch in a company, I’m not suggesting you add more, but IFS allows multiple branches per company.   

Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Series for specific invoice type can be defined.but I am trying for multiple series for perticular invoice type like ( Manual supplier invoice) and different supplier delivery addresses. One supplier have many delivery addresses.one series for one address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I get that, but the consultant in me asks - why are you trying to do this?  Not for the fun of it. You’re trying to solve a problem. What is the problem, I may be able to suggest a different solution. 

Every problem has multiple solutions.  Without custom configuration, the only way I know to solve is a manual process.  Set up series 1, 2, 3 etc, and manually assign the series in the invoice screen.   Not what I consider a good solution. 

Best regards, 

Tom