Question

Schedule Task - Generate Open Balance History

• 15 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

We are planning to Schedule the task- Generate Open Balance History for Customer and Supplier balances. The way we require is to run for few days during the company month end process. For example we need to run it for Balance date 31.05.2021 on three days - 01.06.2021, 02.06.2021 and 03.06.2021.

But the issue is that, the application only allows to have only one balance for a single date. For example when the task is schedule to run on 01.06.2021, for Balance date 31.05.2021 it will run successfully. When it run 02.06.2021, it gives error as there is already balances for Balance date 31.05.2021.

Does any one know a way to automatically delete the balances for specific date before running the schedule task -Generate Open Balance History?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you tried using different variables for each task?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Yes. I have no issue with scheduling the task. Even though I can schedule it correctly, it end up in error as it does not allow to run it for same date multiple times.

So, I am trying to find a way to automatically delete the balances for specific date before running the schedule task -Generate Open Balance History

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

A developer may be able to link a task from this screen.  The lines can be manually deleted.

Best-

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @GayanD,

You can delete this manually from the same user who executed the background job for the scheduled task ‘Generate Open Balances History’ window.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GayanD ,

The permission of removing the records in the Customer open balance history window is granted to the user who creates the record only and  i’m sorry, this is the exact reason there is no way to remove the record by the system itself when job is executed repetitive times. This functionality has been provided for administration purposes.

Assume, a user creates a history record for analysis purposes. If another user can remove that record, the consistency of the system and behavior will be incorrect. This will lead to inconsistent practices and misconduct in the application. 

Therefore, maybe you can create an internal business practice that the user who runs the analysis removes the particular record, on month-end prior to subsequent execution dates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi All,

Thanks for the information.

I have no issues with the user. The same user who is scheduling task  can delete it manually.

I am just trying to find out a way to do the same automatically, toautomate one of our AP/AR reconciliation process. So, as I see, there is no way to automate it.

Thanks