Question

Schedule Task for specific date minus 3 working days

• 28 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

How do I set up a task schedule for a specific date but include working days in the calculation

If I want to set up BACs/DD proposal for same date each month, but I need to do that 3 working days earlier, I can’t always use the same date?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

You might be able to use the “Custom” option below which takes in a database function to calculate the run date.

This may require a custom function in the database however IFS also has a function in the “Work_Time_Calendar_API” package called “Get_Previous_Work_Day”. If you have access to this package then you could use it 3 times passing in its result to get a date that is 3 working days before the given date. See example below that will run the job 3 working days before the last day of the month. (The first parameter of the function is the Calendar Id and the second is the date for which the previous working day will be found)

Work_Time_Calendar_API.Get_Previous_Work_Day('*',Work_Time_Calendar_API.Get_Previous_Work_Day('*',Work_Time_Calendar_API.Get_Previous_Work_Day('*',LAST_DAY(SYSDATE))))

Once you add the function and use the “Check” button to confirm it is valid you can also use the “Calculate” button to test the functions next run date.

Note that this code relies on the following data setup in the Work Time Calendar.