Question

RMB from Projects to Project

• 11 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

We are looking for a bit of help. We are trying to determine if an observation is system designed or if it is related to some customization we have had done a few years ago.

When on the Financials\Project Accounting\Projects\Projects screen, if we RMB on a particular line, the option to go to Project is available if the project status is not ‘Planned’.

If the status is Planned, the option to go to Project is grayed out.

A user reported this to us. I tested the same while logged in as IFSAPP and I see the same thing happening. Unfortunately we do not have a test environment that does not include out customization so I can’t confirm if this is IFS base functionality or not.

Is anyone able to confirm if what is happening is unique to us or not?

Thanks,

Lorraine Burns

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Typically, a project accounting project gets created only when the project in the project navigator is set to Active. Hence, for active projects, we can drill down from the finance project to the so-called “full project” as in your screenshot.

However, when the “full” project is only in initialised status, then there is typically no project value in project accounting and the GL. I can see, that you have a planned project there with “Budget/Planning Only” enabled so I will assume it’s because you create GL budgets for these projects. Because in core IFS there is no finance project for the planned projects as standard, the RMB is disabled.